NOTE: I admit that this announcement is a bit late.
As some might have noticed, the Medwedian Democratic Federation has been expanded southward and is currently undergoing a redesign.
After numerous justified complaints that my mapping is unrealistic for such northerly latitudes, Stjur and me reached the compromise that I will receive Uleroåland and the formerly unoccupied territory between it and Lechia and annex it while keeping the territory I already have.
In the next weeks and months, I will be reorganizing the country. The northern mapping will be deleted and the country's layout in terms of where mountains are located will change.
The place names will be kept, just moved and reordered. I am well-versed in this process because I was forced to adapt Medwedia, a country I already came up long before OGF, to various fictional worlds in the past.
In the meantime, please rate the rural mapping I am doing in the southern province of Tullemark. Are the fields of appropriate size?
If you have any ideas, complaints or cooperation proposals, please PM me.
To those who do not know what the Medwedian Democratic Federation is:
- A totalitarian right-wing military dictatorship, the black sheep of an otherwise well-developed region that served as the evil antagonist of many wars.
- A country which, despite arising from a military junta which deposed of dozens of petty monarchs by gathering and summarily executing them on a sunny day in the late 18th century, still openly and legally practices feudalism - serfs are not considered to be citizens and can be owned by a businessman, a company, the state or the military
- A country which spends approximately 75% of its GDP on the military, police and related infrastructures (the rest to support the luxury lifestyle of the government). In the northern part there will be occasional patches of land irradiated by a botched nuclear bomb test or by a poorly-built nuclear reactor.
- A country where fine motorways border shanty towns, illegal landfills and brutal labor camps on the one side and the palaces of the governmental elite on the other side.
- Actually a well-developed culture and language, with many influences. Founded by Norse settlers who conquered and enslaved Finno-Ugric natives and later on attracting many Slavic and German settlers, Medwedia has an Eastern European feel but not without distinctive Scandinavian and Austro-German tones. The Medwedian people are, all hardships aside, not a backward third-world nation but actually one of the most hardworking, devout and conservative nations on the planet.
Feel free to include it in the lore or wiki articles of your country, just ask me to make sure that the facts don't contradict my vision of Medwedia.