[Please don't post above] Essential information for new users and the comprehensive OGF guidebook (February 2021 update)Posted by admin on 1 February 2021 in English (English)
I bring to you another updated version of the OGF Blue Book:
The OGF Blue Book, linked below, is a document which compiles all of the essential information about rules of the website, territories and mapping, and it is strongly recommended that all new or recently joined users read it.
It continues to serve as an alternative (in some ways as a replacement) to the OGF Wiki, which at the moment offers limited functionality, and can not be repaired by the currently active members of the admin team.
Quick advice: which territories can new users edit?
More information is listed in the blue book.
Quick advice: what are the basic rules of the website?
- Being realistic — no fantasy, science fiction, joke countries, etc.
- Being original — no copying of real world maps or other people's mapping, no using of real world company names and well known place names.
- Being respectful — no mapping in others' countries, no drawing new islands on the open sea, no vandalism
- Only one account per user
More information is listed in the blue book. Please be aware that violating the rules may result in suspension or termination of your account.
Does this mean no new user diary posts?
No, as long as you copy and paste the following text (including the hyperlink) into your post:
- ATTENTION NEW USERS – AS THE WIKI REMAINS INACCESSIBLE, ALL RULES AND INFORMATION ARE LISTED HERE IN THE OGF BLUE BOOK
Diaries without this text may be deleted. However, even if you do include it in your post, please think twice if what you have to say is really that urgent and necessary before uploading. Now is not the time for off-topic discussions.
Found outdated information? Please let me know in the comments.
From the OGF admin team, this has once again been Eklas.