IMPORTANT: THIS IS ABOUT A FUTURE COLLABORATION STATUS. NO WORK OF OTHER USERS WITHIN THE MENTIONED COUNTRIES IS PERMITTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
I recently took the decision to turn my countries into a well-coordinated collaborative status in the beginning of 2021. I have to much land and by far not enough time.
As the wiki is not loading here, I can't create a wiki page for that right now. But here are some important points.
- I have many ideas for many parts of the country, that are not yet mapped. So in any case, any cooperation would require the willingness of the respective user to discuss things in advance and to adapt things if they don't fit into my "mental map" of the respective country.
- Every region has a different mapping status, so there are regions where I still would have to outline some basic features before someone can work there. This also results in the allowance to map only general features in a smaller zoom level or only detailed features in a larger zoom level.
- There will be a very strict application procedure for interested users, e.g. the need to create some examples of mapping that fits into the respective country in a selected "testing area" (where it might be removed if it doesn't reach the needed standards). There will be a testing phase and a well regulated approval procedure of changes.
In a dedicated section of my user page in the wiki I will present some tasks where people apply to. Examples:
- Motorway/national road numbers for Kalm
- More natural looking waterway connection between the Hesperic Ocean and the Vinn Sea
- Create a nice and natural looking coastline
- Help with mountainous regions (I'm not very god at it)
- Help with other natural features (nice looking rivers, lakes, etc.)
- Map the city of Herlenz
- Continue the work on the Kelmtal region, Kalm's Ruhr area
The other way round users can contact me poiting out their interest for any collaboration. This can be anything, of course - and we will have to discuss, if it's possible and what the rules are.
Anyone who is interested in this can already comment here. Please start your comment with
Other comments such as opinions on this idea or proposals on how to realise it are welcome as well!
Looking forward to more activity within "my" countries.