In this comment I mentioned that I altered the Route viewer to make it more suitable to public transit. Since it's getting messy I decided to put everything on a separate diary entry.
Using the PTV
The Skype and Share buttons are just there - You can adblock it if you want.
Differences from the original
- No non-public transport routes - That means no highway routes, no electric lines, no ferry. Bus, Train, Tram, Light Rail, and Subway only.
- Works from Zoom 8 instead of 10!
stop:1(Or whatever number other than
stop_exit_onlyare rendered as stops instead of being ignored.
platform:1(Or whatever number other than
1) are ignored instead of being rendered.
- Displays parent relations - That means you can see what lines are available at a stop/station!
- Show lines of specific transport types!
- Option to show 1 specific line! (Press "Reload" to restore to all lines)
- More transport-specific details! (See Diary 2337)
- Allow you to scroll past the antimeridian AND see the lines. (See Diary 2337)
- When you click a stop, it shows all the lines, with their background coloured by default. If you want to colour the text instead (Invert the colour), you may add
ogf:invert=yesto the relation. You may want to use this feature to differentiate types of lines (Rush-hour, Express, Different frequency, etc).
- You can change the width of your line by adding
ogf:width=<Number>to the relation. By default, the number is 5. Floats should work.
- You can change the opacity of your line by adding
ogf:opacity=<Number>to the relation. By default, the number is 1. Floats should (and have to) work.
Can I improve this?
Sure, it's on GitHub.