Wiki has many troubles for the moment, so I decided to addapt the content of OGF:Ohesia to a user diary and also make you part of this project. Here I go.
Ohesia (Oǵemetézt in ohesian and Ochezien in kalmish) is a country located in northern Antarephia. It consists of a federation composed by about 8 regions (which still don't have a name).
This country was an old kalmish colony and its linguistic situation is similar to South Africa. Kalmish is specially spoken in the capital and its surroundings, and a native language (conlang) is spoken in most of the rest of the country. The size of the country is about the size of Honduras.
Name of the country
The main idea is to create a similiar situation to real life Turkey and Turkmenistan. Ohemian language is the main language of the Antarephian family as well as turkish is of the Turkic family.
Who can map
Everybody is invited to map in this collaborative country, specially german people. Regarding the languages that will be used, there is further information down below.
(A part of this point is copied from the OGF:Moonshine Archipelago wikipage, a nice project with similar characteristics that shows that collaboration can work)
Things you can do at anytime without asking. But be aware that concurrent editing without coordination may result in conflicts. Make sure to know how to resolve them.
- Map new villages (pop. ~500 - 30 000) and connect them with roads
- Extend existing villages within a reasonable amount
- Build tertiary and secondary roads
- Improve existing villages with buildings and details
- Add natural features
- Create inner borders
Things everybody wants to do, but we don't need too many of them or we need coordination. Remember it is not a blue territory
- Build primary roads
- Naming major features
Things we just wont allow even if you ask us. Exceptions may still be possible in certain circumstances with a very good reason.
- Build motorways or trunk roads or any kind of railways
- Name things you haven't yet mapped
- Leave untagged nodes/ways or other temporary stuff behind for longer than a few days
- Use other than kalmish (german) or ohesian (conlang) [engish will be accepted provisionaly]. Real world names are forbidden
There are 2 spoken languages:
- kalmish (green)
- conlang (pink) This map is only a stub, and two relations will exist in mapping to make clearer where each language is spoken. The areas must be respected.
About the implemention of the conlang, users have two options:
- Mapping in English, and then the names could be translated
- Getting in touch with the conlang, which is implemented using an excel file in which all the usefull words are included. (If so, send a message to me saying that you are interested in mapping in conlang)
The conlang is part of the Antarephian family (you can check it in the wiki when possible) and it has many common words with other languages like Lyrian, Holmic or Ohemian.
Any doubt or question will be replied here, as well as you can send private messages. Hope you like it and I'd be glad to see you in Ohesia
I created this document in order to help users with toponymy.